Forbes has released its annual list of the world’s billionaires. While most of the richest people in the world remain the same, one noteworthy change is that Google co-founders Larry Page and Sergey Brin are no longer tied for net worth.
Page, now CEO, and Brin debuted on the Forbes 400 together in 2004 tied at $4 billion and I believe have been consistently at the same net worth level since on Forbes’ annual list of the richest Americans, which is released in September, as well as this list.
However, among the world’s billionaires, Page, 20th on the Forbes list with $23 billion net worth, is slightly ahead of Brin and his $22.8 billion net worth, good for the 21st spot. The duo were tied in 24th place last year, with $18.7 billion.
Once again, the rich got richer overall, with Forbes reporting a record number of billionaires (1,426) and record net worth ($5.4 trillion).
Here's a quick rundown of search, social, and tech notables on the list.
- Jeff Bezos, Amazon CEO, was 19th on the list with $25.2 billion net worth.
- Steve Ballmer, Microsoft CEO, 51st, $15.2 billion.
- Mark Zuckerberg, Facebook CEO, 66th, $13.3 billion.
- Eric Schmidt, Google’s Executive Chairman, 138th, $8.2 billion.
- Robin Li, CEO of Baidu, ranked 172nd, $6.9 billion.
- Reid Hoffman, LinkedIn Executive Chairman, $3.1 billion.
This Year's Premier Digital Marketing Event is #CZLSF
ClickZ Live San Francisco (Aug 11-14) will bring together the industry's leading online marketing practitioners to deliver 4 days of educational sessions and training workshops. From Data-Driven Marketing to Social, Mobile, Display, Search and Email, the comprehensive agenda will help you maximize your marketing efforts and ROI. Register today!