Hot on the heels of releasing six major features to Adobe Analytics, Adobe has released new mobile services as part of the Adobe Marketing Cloud. The new service launched today and is fully integrated with both Adobe Analytics and Adobe Target, their testing and targeting service in the Adobe Marketing Cloud.
The new cloud-based mobile services provides a Mobile Services Software Development Kit (SDK) to help app developers integrate analytics collection into their apps.
The Mobile Services SDK provides one, unified method of data collection for either native apps written in Objective C or similar languages as well as hybrid apps, based around HTML5 wrapped up in a chromeless browser, like Adobe's PhoneGap service.
The SDK will allow developers to gain rich analytics data on app usage while dumping the data collected directly into Adobe Analytics, Target and Audience Manager.
Key features include:
- Geo-Location Targeting: Marketers can target mobile app users based on their GPS location and proximity to a point-of-interest such as a retail store, sporting event, or concert venue to offer more personalized user experiences and deliver more effective in-app marketing campaigns.
- App Analytics: A new, app-centric user interface provides key performance indicators and data visualizations with insights about user engagement, retention, and monetization. With new app reports for cohort, pathing, and geolocation analysis, marketers can understand how frequently people use their app, what paths they take, and where they are using the app.
- App Optimization: Support for A/B testing capabilities allows mobile marketers to define and better identify audiences by using mobile-specific criteria such as device type, operating system, and app analytics via integrated workflows in the new user interface.
- Broad Platform Support: For app analytics, Adobe Mobile services supports native apps across iOS, Android, Windows Phone 8, BlackBerry 10, Windows 8 and Mac OS X as well as hybrid apps created with Adobe PhoneGap and HTML5. Mobile marketers can also use the service across digital magazine, newspaper and corporate publications apps created with Adobe Digital Publishing Suite that have been downloaded more than 100 million to date.
- Ease of Deployment: A new mobile app SDK that supports capabilities for Adobe Analytics, Adobe Target and Adobe AudienceManager allows customers to implement the new service in record time and without the need for deep knowledge in analytics.
- Data Privacy: App publishers can easily manage opt-in or opt-out functionality to enable compliance with data collection and privacy laws for specific countries including the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA). In addition, Adobe Mobile services customers own their data – not Adobe.
- App Store Integration: Leveraging data from Distimo, downloads, installs and other valuable app data is also leveraged from the top app stores from Apple, Amazon, BlackBerry, and Google.