Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Seth Godin Interview - What's a Meatball Sundae?
Seth had offered some criticism of SEO in the past, but it turns out that the real criticism Seth has is not of SEO, or SEOs. It's more focused on what happens when people start thinking that SEO is a magic bullet.
- SEW Experts: Knowledge Gap: CEOs, CMOs, VPs and SEM
When your CEO, CMO, or other decision-maker knows a little bit about SEM, you've got trouble.
- SEW Experts: The 5 Commandments of Content Advertising
Content algorithms operate in ways that are counter-intuitive, and to some extent different than the search engines' explanations imply. Before you get into content advertising, you need to know what to do, and what NOT to do.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Social Networks Set Sights on U.K. Market, ClickZ
- Tools for Competitive Search Intelligence, ClickZ
- The Politics & Policy Of The Google-DoubleClick Acquisition, Search Engine Land
- The Thanksgivings of a Search Marketer (2007 Version), SearchRank
- Why We Have to Keep Doing Market Research, Out of my Gord
- R/WW Thanksgiving: Thank You Google for Open Social (Or, Why Open Social Really Matters), Read/Write Web
- Part 2 - The Genesis for a Successful Online Marketing Campaign, Stepforth SEO
- URL Structure and SEO, SEO-space
- SEO & Ninja LinkBuilding > A Chat with ‘We Build Pages' Jim Boykin, Hobo SEO
- Are Your Landing Pages Lean, Mean Conversion Machines?, Online Marketing Blog
- Techniques that Always Work?: Who Uses Dynamic Keyword Insertion, Traffick
- $110 Million Annually is Wasted by Google With the "I'm Feeling Lucky" Button, Search Engine Rountable
- The Inevitable Evolution of SES Chicago, AimClear Search Marketing
- Landing Pages and Google's Website Optimizer Patent Applications, SEO by the Sea