Google AdWords is introducing a new feature for advertisers to give more data right within the AdWords interface, even when it isn't paid ads specific. This is part of their campaign to connect data between the Google AdWords, Google Analytics, and Webmaster Tools.
The new paid & organic report, which can help advertisers see their search footprints and enable them to determine if there are keyword areas that can be supplemented with paid advertising. It also allows you to view detailed reports to show for particular keywords, how much organic traffic as well as how it advertising traffic you are getting or have the potential to get.
Google suggesting several ways for advertisers confined to the inclusion of organic traffic information beneficial to their business. You can:
- Look for additional keywords where you might have impressions on natural search, but without any related ads.
- Use it to optimize your presence for your most important high-value keyword phrases, so you can see where you need to improve your presence.
- Use it to test website improvements and AdWords changes, as you can compare traffic across both AdWords and organic in the same interface, which enables you to adjust accordingly.
In order to take advantage of this new report, you need to have a Google AdWords and Webmaster Tools account, and you will need to verify and sync them.
In unrelated AdWords news:
- Google has introduced a new option for reporting trending traffic. Now, you can toggle between daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly so you can quickly and easily see any resulting trends during those time periods.
- And finally, Google will officially retire the AdWords Keyword Tool on August 26. However, the keyword planner has been out for several months so you can easily get all the same data in their all-in-one tool.
Optimising Digital Marketing Campaigns with Search, Social and Analytics
At SES London (9-11 Feb) you'll get an overview of the latest tools, tips, and tactics in Paid, Owned, Earned, Integrated Media and Business Intelligence to streamline your marketing campaigns in 2015. Register by 31 October to take advantage of Early Bird Rates.