Unruly, a video technology company, today launched a real-time analytics dashboard that allows advertisers to gauge the social impact of their current and previous social video strategies versus their competitors.
This new capability goes significantly beyond the useful information about how your ad is performing and who's engaging with it that is currently provided by the Google AdWords for video dashboard.
Released in open beta today, Unruly Analytics is based on the company's proprietary technology, which has tracked seven years' worth of historical video sharing data across YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and the blogosphere. The cloud-based dashboard has been beta-tested by some of the world's biggest advertisers and measures content from 1,300 brands across all verticals.
Search Engine Watch got a sneak preview of Unruly Analytics yesterday in a Google+ Hangout. Sara Wood, Unruly's co-founder and COO, and Lewis Moore, the company's Technical Product Manager, provided a demo of the dashboard and discussed its potential impact on "just-in-time marketing."
In other words, Unruly Analytics is a real-time gauge for brands and agencies that want to know how well they are doing in social video. So, rather than pick through charts after a campaign, they can find out exactly how many shares, views, and comments they are generating during a given time period at the touch of a button. They can also find out how well they are faring in comparison with their competition and make adjustments mid-campaign.
"Unruly Analytics is super easy to use, has a sleek user interface and offers beautiful data visualization which updates in split seconds." said Irène Labus, Analytics Director of Havas, who has been beta-testing the product. "What's most valuable about the product is that the real-time data tracks such a broad spectrum of branded video content, across paid, owned and earned media."
The real-time dashboard is available in two versions. The Benchmark Edition is used to effectively measure a brand's social video footprint against its competitors, while the Campaign Edition provides real-time insight into a specific campaign's performance and ROI.
Unruly Analytics provides:
- Cloud-Based Access: Advertisers can login wherever and get real-time insights into video performance to quickly pull reports, measure success and inform future strategies. The data is collected every 60 seconds so you can always have an accurate picture of what's happening;
- An Enterprise-grade Software Platform: This robust, stable product is based on seven years of research and development;
- Data Visualization: Advertisers can create a variety of simple and elegant visual representations of vast sets of data in seconds. They can present them in an wide choice of classic and cutting edge visual analytics – including pie charts, bar graphs, polar charts and even streamgraphs;
- Historical and Real-Time Analysis: Advertisers can capture data from specific timeframes e.g. last quarter, last year, and the past 24 hours;
- Competitive Analysis: Advertisers can benchmark a brand's social video performance to outsmart the competition;
- Granular Metrics: Advertisers can track a broad variety of metrics, including total shares, shares by platform, views, views by platform, comments and likes;
- Ease of Use: The dashboard is easy to use and requires no training.
"We are seeing an explosion in the social video market and brands are struggling to keep pace with how to measure the medium and report the success and ROI," said Matthew Cooke, CTO and co-founder of Unruly. "Four billion items are shared on Facebook every day and 700+ YouTube videos are shared on Twitter every minute."
"Unruly Analytics bridges the gap between the big data deluge and the ability to pull actionable insight from video content tracking," he added. "Brands can now benchmark the success of their individual video campaigns or calculate their total share of voice versus their competitors."
Unruly has tracked over 329 billion video views and tracks 1.6 million videos in real time. Some of the data used in Unruly Analytics also powers the Unruly Viral Video Chart, which has been used since 2006 by advertisers worldwide to track their video content.
Many platforms don't begin tracking content until users have identified the content and asked for it to be tracked by entering it into the database themselves. However, Unruly Analytics is already tracking 1,300 global brands and counting. This is why users are able to access historical data and competitive intelligence as soon as they log in to the dashboard, with no set-up required.
Unruly Analytics is the latest in a line of Unruly products released in 2013. In January, Unruly launched a tool to predict the "sharability" of video ads.
Today's announcement of a real-time analytics dashboard give Unruly the capability to provide its clients with end-to-end campaign support, from creative solutions and content evaluation, through video distribution, social tracking and now customizable benchmarking.
How important is this capability? Predictions are that global online video advertising spend will rise to $10 billion by 2015, with Internet ad spend expected to account for 59 percent of the growth in total ad spend between 2012 and 2015. In such a fast-paced environment, it is critical that brands have access to up-to-the-minute statistics.
Meet Your Favorite Search Engine Watch Contributors
Many of SEW's leading expert contributors will be at ClickZ Live, the new online and digital marketing event kicking off in New York (March 31-April 3). Hear from the likes of: Thom Craver, Josh Braaten, Lisa Barone, Simon Heseltine, Josh McCoy, Lisa Raehsler, Greg Jarboe, Dan Cristo, Joseph Kerschbaum, John Gagnon, Eric Enge and more!