Not feeling lucky? Maybe you’re feeling stellar? Maybe hungry or perhaps puzzled? Google has added a few new options to its I’m Feeling Lucky button. Simply hover over the button and Google will send you to one of Google’s various other properties such as Hot Searches or Google Earth.
Here are the new options:
- I’m Feeling Artistic: Takes you to a random Google Art Project.
- I’m Feeling Doodly: Takes you to a random Google Doodle.
- I’m Feeling Hungry: Takes you to a search for restaurants.
- I’m Feeling Playful: Takes you to a random interactive Google Doodle.
- I’m Feeling Puzzled: Takes you to a Google-a-Day site.
- I’m Feeling Stellar: Takes you to Google Earth.
- I’m Feeling Trendy: Takes you to Google Hot Searches.
- I’m Feeling Wonderful: Takes you to a random World Wonders project.
The I’m Feeling Lucky has been pretty much irrelevant for many users since the introduction of Google Instant (though only roughly 1 percent of Google users actually used the button, according to Google). Prior to that, clicking on the I’m Feeling Lucky button without entering a search would send you to the Google’s collection of Doodles. Entering a search term and then clicking I’m Feeling Lucky would take users to the top ranked website, bypassing the search results page completely.
The Original Search Marketing Event is Back!
SES Denver (Oct 16) offers an intense day of learning all the critical aspects of search engine optimization (SEO) and paid search advertising (PPC). The mission of SES remains the same as it did from the start - to help you master being found on search engines. Early Bird rates available through Sept 12. Register today!