Not feeling lucky? Maybe you’re feeling stellar? Maybe hungry or perhaps puzzled? Google has added a few new options to its I’m Feeling Lucky button. Simply hover over the button and Google will send you to one of Google’s various other properties such as Hot Searches or Google Earth.
Here are the new options:
- I’m Feeling Artistic: Takes you to a random Google Art Project.
- I’m Feeling Doodly: Takes you to a random Google Doodle.
- I’m Feeling Hungry: Takes you to a search for restaurants.
- I’m Feeling Playful: Takes you to a random interactive Google Doodle.
- I’m Feeling Puzzled: Takes you to a Google-a-Day site.
- I’m Feeling Stellar: Takes you to Google Earth.
- I’m Feeling Trendy: Takes you to Google Hot Searches.
- I’m Feeling Wonderful: Takes you to a random World Wonders project.
The I’m Feeling Lucky has been pretty much irrelevant for many users since the introduction of Google Instant (though only roughly 1 percent of Google users actually used the button, according to Google). Prior to that, clicking on the I’m Feeling Lucky button without entering a search would send you to the Google’s collection of Doodles. Entering a search term and then clicking I’m Feeling Lucky would take users to the top ranked website, bypassing the search results page completely.
Twitter Canada MD Kirstine Stewart to Keynote Toronto
ClickZ Live Toronto (May 14-16) is a new event addressing the rapidly changing landscape that digital marketers face. The agenda focuses on customer engagement and attaining maximum ROI through online marketing efforts across paid, owned & earned media. Register now and save!