Nothing epic today, such as the end of days, which has now been pushed back to October 21st 2011.
Unless you are talking about Eric Schmidt's clash with president of France, Nicolas Sarkozy. The latter showed contempt for the laissez-faire attitude of tech entrepreneurs. "The world you represent is not a parallel universe where legal and moral rules and, more generally, all the basic principles that govern society in democratic countries do not apply... You can't be exempt from minimum rules." Which draws a hilarious parallel to SEOs and webmasters' relationship to Google. Maybe Sarkozy feels the internet is spamming democracy with freedom? Rather than improve the internal algorithm of the political system, it would rather levy penalties. Talking of which... have you seen that JCPenney profits are up?
- How to Make SEO Part of Your Company’s DNA - Search Engine Watch
Creating a culture of SEO in your company is the key to getting more stuff done.
- JCPenney’s Google Penalty Up, So Are Profits - Search Engine Watch
Who's afraid of the big bad wolf?
- Microsoft Buys 8 Search Engine Optimization Domain Names - Bill Hartzer
Company buys up 8 domains targeting type in traffic, including bingseo, searchengineoptimizationforbing, bingsearchengineoptimization, and seoforbing. Isn't it a bit late for keyword rich domains? At least there are no hyphens!
- Google's Eric Schmidt clashes with Nicolas Sarkozy at eG8 - Telegraph
Schmidt: "Before we decide that we need a regulatory solution to these problems, let's ask, 'Is there a technological solution that can scale, that can work globally, and move very quickly?'"
Schmidt's argument that technology moves to fast for government to legislate on piracy and copyright was dismissed as opinion from a misguided parallel universe by Sarkozy.
- Yahoo Search Trends: American Idol Projections - Yahoo Search Blog
Searches are spiking for "who will win American Idol." Will it be Lauren Alaina or Scott McCreery? Do you care?
- 3 Step Prospecting for Highly Productive Link Building Queries- Search Engine Watch
Whizzy query building techniques to mine opportunities for getting more links.
- Why do porn sites have lower PageRank? - GoogleWebmasterHelp YouTube Channel
PageRank doesn't equal popularity, explains a blushing Matt Cutts.
- Location targeting updates in AdWords - Inside AdWords
Changes to existing available locations, no more custom shapes, and "Show address in the ad" gone starting July 8.
- Facebook Ads’ Best Kept Secret: Occupation Targeting - Search Engine Watch
Specific jobs require specific tools and that creates specific marketing opportunities. Here's how to tap into them on Facebook.
- Twitter acquires Tweetdeck - CNNMoney
$40 million deal is finally done after TechCrunch first reported it earlier this month.
- Scotland Herald Puts He-Who-Cannot-Be-Named On Its Front Page - Forbes
Are British gag orders irrelevant in the age of Twitter?
- Google Testing Flight Search Results in UK - SEOgadget
Locally targeted SERPs with an aggregated flight information one-box has appeared in the wild.
- Google to Unveil Mobile-Payment Service - Bloomberg
Will allow users to pay for goods and redeem coupons on Sprint Nextel Android smartphones.
- Coming to a Windows Phone Near You: Mango - Bing Search Blog
This fall, Mango will feature new product and music search and more location-based search features.
- Do@ may be the last mobile search app you need - VentureBeat
- YouTube Debuts First Watch Advertising Program - Search Engine Watch
A pre-roll by any other name just wouldn't be the same...
- YouTube Hires New VP for Video Ad Push - ClickZ
Lucas Watson, former Procter & Gamble digital marketing director, becomes VP of YouTube advertising sales and marketing.
- Investing in the Alta Wind Energy Center - Official Google Blog
Google provides $55 million on Mojave Desert wind turbine project.
- Yandex IPO Biggest For Internet Company Since Google - Search Engine Watch
Yandex raises the projected $1.3 billion from its IPO. CEO makes $96 million.
- Are Google and Facebook Driving Saudi Women To Disregard Muslim Faith? - Search Engine Watch
Google receives complaints about Martha Graham doodle from Saudi Arabia, whilst Saudi women setup protest group on Facebook to win the right to drive cars.
- Google Buys Electronics Search Engine Sparkbuy - Search Engine Watch
Team acquired to continue solving "crazy-hard" search problems with product search.
- Music Album Filtering in Google Video - Google Operating System
Google lists links to popular albums when you search for an artist.
- Introducing The Best Yahoo Mail Ever - Yahoo Mail Blog
Quck overview of Yahoo Mail, which is out of beta and rolling out in "coming weeks."
Introducing SES Online
Want to view one of the sessions you missed or listen to an especially informative presenter a second time? SES New York sessions are available for purchase on ClickZ Academy's new e-Learning site. SES is now Online!