The Click Quality Council, an anti-click fraud group created by PPC auditing firm Click Forensics, has issued a set of eight principles it feels are necessary to produce quality clicks. The list, issued today at Ad:Tech San Francisco, is the result of a six-month effort by CQC members to identify the key elements needed to deliver adequate quality in pay-per-click advertising campaigns:
- Advertisers should never pay for double clicks or repeat clicks from the same session.
- Advertisers should never pay for traffic from bots.
- Advertisers should have control over where, when and to whom ads are distributed.
- Domain and IP exclusion lists from search providers should be easy to use and maintain.
- Search providers should provide advertisers detailed referrer information on all traffic that is billed.
- Advertisers should never pay for traffic originating outside the specified geo-targeted settings.
- Search engines should adopt third-party validation for click quality as other media companies have done for their audience validation.
- Search providers should provide an easy mechanism to reconcile paid clicks on a monthly basis.
This Year's Premier Digital Marketing Event is #CZLSF
ClickZ Live San Francisco (Aug 11-14) will bring together the industry's leading online marketing practitioners to deliver 4 days of educational sessions and training workshops. From Data-Driven Marketing to Social, Mobile, Display, Search and Email, the comprehensive agenda will help you maximize your marketing efforts and ROI. Register today!