24/7 Real Media reported its Q3 results today. Revenue was up, which was attributed to signing more customers to its SEM managed services offering. The company still reported a loss, since that same offering is not a high-margin business, and because margins across the industry were shrinking due to increased competition, according to the company.
* GAAP net loss of $0.8 million, or $0.02 per share, compared with net loss of $1.7 million, or $0.04 per share, for the third quarter of 2004.
* Revenue up 69 percent year to year to $35.1 million for the quarter, including
* Media revenue up 29 percent to $15.5 million
* Search revenue up 234 percent to $13.7 million
* Technology revenue up 26 percent to $5.8 million
The company also touted its recent joint venture in Japan with Dentsu — KK 24-7 Search. That business, which 24/7 owns a 51 percent share in, will use 24/7 Real Media’s SEM technology and Dentsu’s local presence and existing client base to gain a foothold in the growing Japanes SEM market.