GigaOM reports that Yahoo is creating an internal incubator, code named Brickhouse, to give some of Yahoo’s talent a place to work without the bureaucracy of a large company. The person running the Brickhouse, love that name by the way, is Flickr founder Caterina Fake. It is apparent that Yahoo knows that hiring new talent is a hard thing to do, but keeping current talent, may be harder — definitely more important, in my opinion.
Recent high-profile departures from Yahoo?
– YouTube Hires Yahoo’s Treasurer, Gideon Yu
– Martin Child, VP Of Sales & Marketing Leaves Yahoo Search Marketing
– David Beach Leaves Yahoo For Start Up Wink
– Former Yahoo Exec Toni Schneider On Life At Automattic
– Yahoo Loses Director Of Business Development to FeedBurner
– and more available to subscribers of Search Engine Watch here.