Want a snapshot of the day’s search marketing news? Here we’ve collected today’s top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Facebook on the Rise
Partnerships with Comcast and Jobster could help the social networking site take on MySpace.
- Is Google Radio Sinking? DMarc Founders Depart
The founders of DMarc are leaving Google amidst reports of tension over Google’s approach to radio ad sales.
- Google Hoping Smiles Are Contagious
Google plans to wallpaper its office walls with pictures of smiling Google advertisers.
- A Newcomer’s Guide to SES?
A guide for newbies to search industry events: which type of attendee are you?
- Building Your Own Search Engine
Google’s core technology assets go beyond search engine algorithms to include massively deployed server networks operating in close harmony.
- Has Powerset Found Its Edge?
Semantic search startup Powerset has licensed some natural language search technology developed at PARC.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Powerset’s search technology scoop, may scare Google, VentureBeat
- The 950 Penalty or a New Ranking Theory?, Bruce Clay Blog
- Miva Lays Off, Restructures, ClickZ
- SEMPO Survey Reveals Major Shifts, Part 1, ClickZ
- Personalized Search – The Feature No one is Asking For, Graywolf’s SEO Blog
- Getting Started With Web Analytics: Step One – Glean Macro Insights., Occam’s Razor
- The Truth About SEO, Publishing 2.0
- Why Links Matter: So Simple a Monkey Could Understand It, Sugarrae
- How to Shoot Yourself in the Foot with Search Engine Optimization, GrokDotCom
- UK SEO companies, Cornwall SEO
- The Enormous Linkbait list, Cornwall SEO
- On linkbaiting, SEO’ing and all that other crap, Ben Metcalfe
- The Search Conference Groupie, SearchMarketPro