Want a snapshot of the day’s search marketing news? Here we’ve collected today’s top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Autobytel’s MyRide.com: The Future of Automobile Search?
Is the company that invented the automotive Internet now reinventing it?
- Yahoo Adds NOYDIR Tag
Finally we get to undo the silly descriptions the Yahoo directory editors foisted upon us.
- Panama from a Big Agency Perspective
Avenue A | Razorfish put Yahoo’s Panama platform through the paces this month, and has shared some data from 33 search clients.
- Mobile, Video Search Ads Set to Grow?
A majority of North American search marketers are interested in mobile and video search, but few were willing to pay more for those ads.
- SEO Is Easy…and Hard
Reduced to its simplest form, SEO is a four-step process — though implementing that process is no simple task.
- Jump On The Video Distribution Bandwagon
Rich video content can provide additional revenue streams outside your own domain.
- Step Right Up, Start A Community Site
Now anyone can invite their extended neighbors into a closed community and begin making money, right?
- Google Ad Sales Exec Exits
Patrick Keane, until recently the head of advertising sales strategy at Google, has left to become executive VP and chief marketing officer at CBS Interactive.
- Convera Offering New Search Tools
The Convera Publisher Control Panel is designed to help publishers integrate vertical search tools into their sites.
- Clicktracks CEO Interviewed
While many people are familiar with Google Analytics, fewer people are aware that Clicktracks offers a free analytics solution as well.
- vFlyer and “The Year of the Widget”
Online classifieds content and distribution platform vFlyer has come out with a line of widgets to display products or inventory on Web sites and blogs.
- Google Holds Testapalooza
“The idea for Testapalooza came out of discussions about how to build a vibrant testing community here at Google.”
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Google Lays Groundwork for TV Scatter Sales Sortie, AdAge
- True Integration is Key to Agency Relevance, Says Forrester, ClickZ
- Where the REAL Money is in SEO, Johnon.com
- Hyperlocal Aggregator Outside.In Launches, Backed By $900,000 First Round, paidContent
- Top 100 Alternative Search Engines, February 2007, Read/Write Web
- The top 100 web search engines no one ever heard of, Don Dodge
- Google Rebang to be Chinese Zeitgeist?, Google Blogoscoped
- Google Maps Tailgates Yahoo, Microsoft With Real-Time Traffic Info, Search Engine Land
- Is Microsoft Removing Web Results When the Same Page Also Appears in Paid Results?, SEO by the Sea
- Global Yahoo! Search Index Update, Search Engine Roundtable
- Open to everyone: The Microsoft adCenter beta, adCenter Blog
- Local Video: Ahead of Its Time, Marketing Shift
- Industry Moves: AOL Brings Time Warner’s Kumar On As CFO, paidContent