Want a snapshot of the day’s search marketing news? Here we’ve collected today’s top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Google Shares More Click Fraud Numbers
Invalid clicks on Google AdWords ads are generally in low single-digits, and the amount of invalid clicks that are not proactively detected and are caught by advertisers is less than 0.02 percent, Google revealed today.
- Citysearch to Acquire Insider Pages
IAC/InterActiveCorp, parent to Ask.com and Citysearch, announced plans to acquire reviews-based local search provider Insider Pages.
- The Long Tail of Local Search
In his ClickZ column today, Brian Wool takes a look at how Long Tail economics are affecting local search.
- ReportLinker: Vertical Search Engine For Marketing Research
The engine addresses the problem of “how to quickly find and access relevant information using general public tools.”
- John McCain and Hillary Clinton post on Yahoo Answers
Before announcing his presidential candidacy yesterday, Republican Senator John McCain asked Yahoo users, “What would you do to stop wasteful government spending in Washington?”
- IBM’s WebSphere to Support Google Gadgets
IBM is opening WebSphere to Google Gadgets, which should help ease security concerns in enterprise environments.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- What Makes SEO & SEM So Damn Hard, SEOmoz
- Conventional Wisdom of SEO is being Challenged by Microsoft’s new Patent, Web Metrics Guru
- Ultimate Local SEO Tactics, Natural Search Blog
- Jefferies: Online Ad Spending Could Exceed $60B By 2010, Online Media Daily
- Outside.in: Building The ‘Hyper-Local’ Internet, Search Engine Land
- What NOT to do with a New PPC Campaign, CPA Affiliates
- Social algorithms are coming, SEO Buzz Box
- Domain Names and Defensible Traffic, SEO Book
- A Day On The Dark Side of SEO, Revenews
- Modern Marketers Need SEM, Marketing Pilgrim
- Post Coverage of Click Fraud: Kicking it Down a Notch, Traffick
- Godin on Surprising Broca, GrokDotCom
- Where the REAL Money is in SEO, Johnon.com
- Panama’s Indirect Impact: Will We Finally See a Two Horse Race?, Searchviews
- Should We Believe Google’s Click Fraud Numbers?, Out of My Gord
- Google Click Fraud and Web Analytics, Web Analytics World
- Web Analytics’ Quantcast Funded, alarm:clock
- Is Squidoo becoming a massive, dirty SEO back alley?, Jason Calacanis