Want a snapshot of the day’s search marketing news? Here we’ve collected today’s top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Global Strategies International Acquired by Ogilvy
Search marketing firm Global Strategies International, led by frequent search event speaker and author Bill Hunt, has been acquired by Neo@Ogilvy.
- Microsoft Chatting For Charity
In an attempt to increase use of Messenger, Microsoft has launched a charity drive that gives donations when you chat.
- Googler Criticizes Alexa Data
Peter Norvig, director of research at Google, has published some stats showing that usage by online marketers is skewing Alexa data.
- Justin Osmer Interviewed about Live QnA
Osmer tells Eric Enge that Microsoft has taken a very interesting approach to the QnA product, treating it as an enhancement to search, rather than a destination site.
- Google to Index Subscription Based Content
Adam Lasnik posted a comment in the Webmaster Help Google Group indicating Google is working on technology to allow crawling of pages that require a login.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Is Search Marketing Too Much Work for Publishers?, Biznology
- Search Sucks, Vol. 386: “Get Off Your Lazy Butt” Edition, Traffick
- YADAC: Yet Another Debate About Cloaking Happens Again, Search Engine Land
- Basic SEO & Advanced SEO, SEO Hotline
- Yahoo Panama – Pros and Cons, 15 Digital Marketing
- SEM, Measure for Measure, ClickZ
- Keane Keen on CBS Interactive, paidContent
- Octopart: Search Engine For Gadget Parts, TechCrunch
- Microsoft Deal Gives It Shot At Thriving Health Search Vertical, MediaPost
- Local Search Update: Yelp up 91%, Insider Pages up 34% in Past Six Months, Hitwise
- Google’s 30 US Subsidiaries & International Companies, Search Engine Journal
- More Subsidiary Lists: Amazon.com (A9), IAC/Interactive (Ask.com), Microsoft, Time Warner (AOL) & Yahoo, Resource Shelf
- Keyword burnout? Not me., Content Done Better
- Google’s Click Fraud Spin, Marketing Shift
- Why Google won’t index USAToday’s New Long Tail, Click Influence
- Zoominfo Selects Indeed to Power Job Search, Blog Indeed