Want a snapshot of the day’s search marketing news? Here we’ve collected today’s top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Google Tests TV Waters
Google’s long-awaited move to TV advertising is underway, with a small test of AdSense ads on cable TV in California.
- Google’s Local Business Center: Solving the “Last Block Problem”
Letting business owners define their location on a block addresses a little known problem, showing a step in the right direction to improve data quality.
- Difficult SEO Clients
There’s no such thing as the perfect SEO client, but everyone knows that some are more difficult than others.
- Google News adds feature from Google Blog Search
If mainstream media keep adding blogs, and A-List bloggers keep becoming columnists for mainstream media, what is the difference long-term between news search and blog search?
- Did-It’s Wise Lands at Right Media
Former Did-It CEO Bill Wise has been named president of Remix Media, a division of ad exchange Right Media.
- The press failed to see “search” as a kind of journalism
A new report from Journalism.org finds that the press is no longer the gatekeeper over what the public knows, and search is part of a new kind of journalism.
- Is Google Indexing Speeding Up?
A combination of existing trus, and constantly changing content is causing Google to look at some sites with greater frequency.
- Brian Induni Interview about the Web Analytics Association
The WAA plays a lead role in examining many of the basic issues in the Web Analytics industry.
- Yahoo!, AT&T Issue Joint Release To Stop Speculation
The two issued a release amid media speculation about the value of their partnership.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Search Results in Search Results, Matt Cutts
- Why Search Engine Optimization is Crucial for Your Small Business, 10e20
- Is Search Engine Optimization Mainstream?, 3net SEM Blog
- Portals Are Still Gold, Says Avenue A/Razorfish, ClickZ
- Negotiations and Client Sales for SEO Consultants, Stuntdubl
- How Much Is ‘Local Search’ Really Worth?, Search Engine Land
- Yahoo Updates Answers Algorithm for Main Search Results, Marketing Pilgrim
- 5 Lessons from Multivariate Tests on Google PPC Ads, Optimize & Prophesize
- Yahoo Velocity: Not all is dire in the land of Yahoo!, Compete Blog
- Google’s Local Media Ad Program Raises Revenue For Print, Radio – Can TV Be Far Behind?, paidContent
- Microsoft’s Search Slugfest, Business Week
- Google Patent Application Clustering Users for Personalization, SEO by the Sea
- Is Web 2.0 Bad for Google?, Search Insider
- AOL Seeks Place in Upfront Scene, TVWeek
- Marketing Your Site on Yahoo Answers, Search Engine Journal