Want a snapshot of the day’s search marketing news? Here we’ve collected today’s top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Yahoo Renews Click Fraud Prevention Efforts
Yahoo today put a renewed focus on fighting click fraud by appointing Yahoo vet Reggie Davis as the new VP of marketplace quality.
- Microsoft Names New Search R&D Lead
Satya Nadella, who’s currently heading the Microsoft Dynamics team, will move out of that role to lead a newly formed Search and Ad Platform Group within the Platform Services Division.
- AOL, MSN, MySpace And Yahoo! Strike Deal for Video
This everyone-but-Google distribution network could provide advertisers and users a powerful alternative to YouTube.
- IAC’s Horan Shares Local Strategies
Peter Horan, CEO of IAC/InterActiveCorp Media and Advertising, shared elements of IAC’s local content strategy in his keynote address Wednesday at the Kelsey Group’s local search conference.
- Dennis Mortensen in Podcast: Click Fraud is between 2% and 4%
Going on data from more than 4,000 clients, the COO of Index Tools pegs the level of click fraud to be in the 2% to 4% range.
- SideStep and EveryClick Team Travel Searches, Charity Donations
The travel search engine just announced a partnership with EveryClick.com, a UK-based search engine with social responsibility, giving 50% of gross revenues to charities.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Internal Linking Strategy: SEO Self Reflection, Reality SEO
- Linkbait is about Creating the Spectacle, Cornwall SEO
- Measuring Competitors’ Advantages, SEO Theory
- Why Michael Gray Hates SEO Bloggers, Cape Cod SEO
- 12 Quick Site Architecture Tips, Ramblings About SEO
- Google’s New Text Link Ad Unit, Search Engine Roundtable
- 11 Key Take Aways from Elite Retreat Posts, Search Marketing Standard
- 5 Reasons to Attend Search Engine Strategies NYC, Online Marketing Blog
- Crowdsourcing: A Million Heads is Better than One, Read/Write Web
- Second Search Engine Marketing Scholarship Contest Launches, Marketing Pilgrim
- Web analytics seers peer into the crystal ball, Web Analytics Association