Want a snapshot of the day’s search marketing news? Here we’ve collected today’s top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Enhancements to Sitemaps Announced At SES New York
Ask is now supporting the Sitemaps protocol; and support for auto-discovery has been added.
- Moaning at the Bar
As the conferences have grown larger and the parties have become smaller, moaning has been heard at the bar as to where everyone is.
- Interpublic Group Acquires Reprise Media
Search marketing agency Reprise Media was acquired by the Interpublic Group, and rolled into its large stable of advertising and marketing services agencies.
- Utah’s Misguided Trademark Protection Act
Over at ClickZ, Kate Kaye has done some digging, and provides a fantastic run-down of the events leading up to the law’s passage, the motives of Sen. Dan Eastman, who proposed it, and the current state of the similarly misguided child protection registry Utah created in 2005 and Spyware Control Act of 2004.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Ask.com To Launch New Search Algorithm Code Named Edison, Search Engine Roundtable
- Structure of a Click Fraud Botnet, Shumans.com
- New Local Search Power Structure, ClickZ
- Yahoo! Increases Quality Initiatives, Yahoo Search Marketing Blog
- A note on traffic exchange programs, Inside AdSense
- Technorati Acquisition Will Build Brand Services, ClickZ
- I Tie Up Mike McDonald & Interview Vanessa Fox… Again., SEOmoz
- Wisdom of Crowds Search, Online Marketing Blog
- Marketing to Social Networking Sites, Targeted, ClickZ Stats
- Tags Are Not the Answer for Search?, Biznology
- How to blog the SEO fishbowl, Cornwall SEO
- When Is It Okay To Cloak?, SearchRank
- Search Engines Unite On Sitemaps Autodiscovery, Search Engine Land
- SEO Site Analysis: Knowing the Score, Part 2, ClickZ
- Search Terms for Q1 2007, ClickZ Stats
- A new case study on botnet-based click fraud