As has been widely reported, Google has announced plans to acquire DoubleClick for $3.1 billion. Details from Google can be found in the official press release, on the Official Google Blog, or in a five-page FAQ Google created.
Google also held a brief press conference on Friday, which paidContent has available as an MP3 for download.
Besides the display ad-serving side of DoubleClick, the deal also includes Performics, a search and affiliate marketing agency. There’s also the idea of an ad exchange that DoubleClick recently announced, though there’s nothing concrete there to speak of.
A few more interesting viewpoints:
- Google “closes the loop” with Doubleclick acquisition, Forrester’s Charlene Li
- Google Takes DoubleClick for $3.1 Billion, Forrester’s Shar vanBoskirk
- GoogleClick: Positioning for the Integrated Search and Display Exchange, JupiterResearch’s David Card
- Google Acquires Internet (May 2017), Google Blogoscoped
- DoubleClick’s Past, Google Blogoscoped
- Google Acquired DoubleClick To Create A People-Driven Advertising Platform, Publishing 2.0
- Doubleclick + Google: Looking at Some of the Doubleclick Patent Filings, SEO by the Sea
- Google to own a SEM and SEO firm?!, Stephan Spencer