Want a snapshot of the day’s search marketing news? Here we’ve collected today’s top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Ask Brings the Algorithm Mainstream
Ask.com’s recent offline advertising campaign is shifting into high gear to build up buzz around Ask’s upcoming Edison algorithm.
- Quintura For Kids: Another Search Engine For Kids
The space is a tough one and I think possibly one that has overreached itself.
- YouTube Set to Test Marketability of SciFi Film
YouTube is using a new animated science fiction show, Afterworld, to test their marketing abilities.
- MyQuest: India’s Exclusive Local Search Engine
MyQuest.com is looking to dominate the local search space in one of the world’s most populous countries.
- SearchQB.com: A Great Google Custom Search Example
An innovative use of Google Custom Search – SeachQB.com – launched last week before the NFL Draft. The site plans to be “the search engine of choice for football scouts, GMs, journalists, and gridiron fanatics”
- Wiki Search Adds Jabber Founder to Team
Jeremie Miller, founder of the open instant messaging service, is joining the Wiki Search project.
- Yahoo Brings Mobile OneSearch to Canada, Europe
Yahoo today launched its OneSearch mobile search application in Canada and five countries in Europe
- Microsoft Buys Mobile Ad Firm
Microsoft has acquired Paris-based mobile ad network ScreenTonic, which serves text and display ads to mobile phones and devices in Belgium, France and the U.K.
- Google (but not Google News) indexes Belgian newspapers again
Copiepresse’s Belgian French-language newspapers from are back in Google, but they are still in talks about Google News, one of the main parts of their dispute.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- VW Search Spam: Just Good Design?, Johnon.com
- Google Goes Wireless, Business Week
- Q1 Revenues: Idearc and AOL, Screenwerk
- How Linking Between Documents Could Have Allowed Google to Group Search Results, SEO by the Sea
- Google Buying Wall Street Journal? When Donkeys Fly!, Search Engine Journal
- Why You Should Deep-Link Your Blog, Search Engine Journal
- SEW – Live! Columbus, OH, Search Engine Strategies Blog
- Cabela’s Learns Valuable SEO Lesson, WebProNews
- John Scott on Link Building, v7n
- Selling Local to the National Channel: Who Inherits the Wind?, The Kelsey Group Blog
- No Goals – No Analytics!, SiteLogic
- The Algorithm is On The Move, Ask.com blog
- Matching Specific Transactions to Specific Keywords, Google Analytics Blog
- IAC Web Ad Revenue Up as Ask.com Campaign Launches, ClickZ
- Pipes Adds Interactive Yahoo! Maps, KML Support (and More), Yahoo Pipes blog
- Earnings: TWX: AOL Ad Growth For The Rest Of ‘07 Not Expected To Match 1Q’s 40 Percent, paidContent
- Avenue A/Razorfish Measures Rich Internet Applications, ClickZ
- Return To The Search Engine Shoot-Out, Search Engine Land
- The Art Of SEO For Wikipedia & 16 Tips To Gain Respect, Search Engine Land
- SEO Contest: Help People, Get Training, Go to SMX, Bruce Clay Blog
- The Day The Digging Died, Graywolf SEO Blog
- Reader’s Choice Search Marketing Resources, Online Marketing Blog
- Web Design and Marketing for The Folks You Forgot, Cre8pc