Want a snapshot of the day’s search engine news? Here we’ve collected today’s top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Enquiro Finds Search Plays an Integral Role in B2B Purchases
For business to business (B2B) buyers, search engines are the primary research source, and one of the top influencers on purchasing decisions, according to the latest research from Enquiro.
- Google Adds School Report Sellers To Banned AdWords Advertisers’ List
The list of non-allowed advertising at Google’s AdWords just got a little bigger.
- The Impact of Universal Search
Will personalization drive universal search? Will universal search make vertical search irrelevant?
- Blinkx savors IPO success, announces video search growth plans
Blinkx’s CEO tells Reuters UK what lies ahead for the video search provider.
- Blinkx IPO shares soar to near-record debut
Blinkx’s stock performance is reportedly the second best debut in the last two years, on UK or U.S. exchanges.
- SEW Experts: Getting Hyper-Active in Local Search
Michael Boland dives into the world of hyper-local, where newspapers and online startups use local online communities to get an edge on news aggregators like Google and Yahoo.
- SEW Experts: Measuring ROI Can Be Difficult for SEO
Chris Boggs offers tips on calculating ROI to see if your SEO campaign is cost-effective.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Got 100 dollars? 7 Experts share budget website marketing tips, SEOish
- Don’t Email Google When you Click on your AdSense Ads by Accident, Search Engine Roundtable
- Facebook Platform: What About the Users?, TechCrunch
- The Death of the Small Guy, Marketing Pilgrim
- Mini-Cities: Is It Already in Trouble?, Screenwerk
- Vertical Search 2.0 — Can it Kill Personalized Search?, SearchAnyway
- Link Chicanery, The SEM Zone
- Penalized at Digg For Hanging With SEO’s, Cre8pc
- My Public Relations Secrets Revealed, 10e20
- The Ultimate Deadline, Yahoo Search Marketing Blog
- Can Yahoo Mobilize Mobile?, ClickZ
- Microsoft: Agency, Publisher, and Network, ClickZ
- When Personas Fail, ClickZ