Want a snapshot of the day’s search marketing news? Here we’ve collected today’s top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Using Log Files To Improve Page Rank Distribution
Sharing link love within a large site poses special challenges.
- Google Can Now Find Faces
Google Image Search is adding face-recognition technology, as well as new features to filter images from news stories.
- FTC Looking at Google-DoubleClick Deal?
The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) has opened a preliminary antitrust investigation into Google’s planned $3.1 billion acquisition of DoubleClick
- How To Market A Website for $100
Patrick Sexton interviewed some major players in the search space and asked them all how would they market their website if they only had $100.
- Colbert Interviews Wikipedia Founder
With a mix of humor and serious questions, the two discussed the future goals of Wikipedia.
- 80% of Podcast Listeners Seek Out Products They Hear About
The UK survey also found that 90% of listeners would consider forwarding audio shows to friends.
- Interview with FeedBurner’s Rick Klau
There are benefits to full-post RSS feeds that many people are missing.
- SEW Experts: Using a Corporate Blog for CRM
Mark Jackson examines how corporate blogging can be used for customer relationship management (CRM).
- SEW Experts: Universal Search for Small Business
Carrie Hill tells you what universal ranking of multiple silos of search results can mean for your small business.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Googlers Break Away, Build Ooyala, WebProNews
- Bill Slawski Joins Commerce 360, Cre8pc
- Is Microsoft Cool Enough for Search?, Mad.co.uk
- Putting users in charge, Google Blog
- The Ultimate Deadline, Yahoo Publisher Network Blog
- Don’t be evil? Are you sure?, Information World Review
- AOL To Name Burbank as CMO, MediaPost
- Semantic Search: An Antidote for Poor Relevancy, Read/Write Web
- Virtual Earth Expands 3-D to Include NYC, Screenwerk
- Is Google Buying Companies to Add to Google Pack?, Marketing Pilgrim
- Link & Ranking Strategies for Enterprise Sites, SEOmoz
- Will .edu Links Ever Lose Their Luster?, SEOmoz
- Loki 2.0 And The ‘Geo-Web’, Search Engine Land
- 8 More New-ish Social Media Sites (That Actually Send Traffic), Tropical SEO
- The Web Analytics Dip: Oh my god, MATH!, Search Marketing Gurus
- Second Tier Search Engines & Clean Traffic Sources, SEO Book
- The Most Important Element of Your AdWords Campaign is…, PPC Discussions
- User Intent and Characteristics of Search Queries, SEO by the Sea