Want a snapshot of the day’s search marketing news? Here we’ve collected today’s top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Google Adds Content Network Transparency
Since its Content Network launched, advertisers have been asking Google for a way to get a better idea of where their ads appear, and get more control over the display of their ads on specific sites.
- Google Defends Data-Retention Practices
In response to an E.U. Article 29 Working Party investigation, Google has changed its data retention policies again.
- EveryZing – Beyond Podcasting
The multimedia search and advertising platform is extending their market offering beyond podcasts.
- Flickr Adding 7 Languages To System Today
The photo-sharing community hopes “to help the global Flickr community more easily explore, find, manage and share photos.”
- Identifying a Google Penalty
Often when a site loses its search rankings suddenly, a webmaster may not know the cause.
- John Marshall Leaving Clicktracks
John Marshall, founder and CEO of Clicktracks is leaving the company.
- Younger Folks Like Ads More
It turns out that 18-34 year olds are not as opposed to being sold to as we all thought.
- SEW Experts: Web Site Architecture Structured for Success
Mark Jackson reviews the benefits of creating a search engine friendly information architecture prior to Web site construction.
- SEW Experts: Redesigning Your Small Business Web Site
Carrie Hill offers a checklist to help small businesses considering a site redesign know why, when and how to do it.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Location-Based Search? Patented! Owner Plans To Sue Everyone, Techdirt
- Insisting on Ethical Search Engine Optimization, Bruce Clay Blog
- Proof Google is Using Behavioral Data in Rankings, SEOmoz
- Context Sensitive Stemming for Web Search, SEO by the Sea
- Three AdWords Experts: Don’t Let Google Optimize Your Campaign, Small Business SEM
- Google Content Placement Performance Report Rollout, Marketing Pilgrim
- Travelocity Hands Search Marketing Duties to iCrossing, ClickZ
- Untangling the Gordian Knot of Campaign Tracking, Part 2, ClickZ
- Google Does Site Specific Performance, One Step Closer…, Battelle’s Searchblog
- Google Integrates Powerpoint Viewer Into Gmail, TechCrunch
- Search Ads & Contextual Ads Are Different! You Need To Treat Them Separately, Search Engine Land
- Is Google PageRank Still A Valid Marketing Tool?, 15 Digital Marketing
- How to Handle a Google Penalty – And, an Example from the Field of Real Estate, SEOmoz
- New Google Ranking Patents, SEO by the Sea
- Privacy Is Search’s New Click Fraud, Search Engine Journal
- Are The Big Three Search Engines Xenophobic, Smart-Keywords