Want a snapshot of the day’s search marketing news? Here we’ve collected today’s top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- American Airlines Suing Google Over Trademark Violation
Seems American Airlines has not read about previous law suits over trademark terms as keywords.
- Golf Course Search Engine Helps Find Your Way Out of the Rough
I see a time when many such engines exist, along side a portal or community dedicated to the particular niche
- Google Explains its Wireless Dreams
Google posted to its Public Policy Blog last night to share its ambitions around the upcoming “white space” auction the FCC will hold to sell off unused TV spectrum.
- Google Changes Link Building Wording, Recips Could Be Okay
It is interesting that Google is now stating that excessive reciprocal links are bad, not all recip links.
- Google, Yahoo Launch Click Fraud Resource Centers
Google and Yahoo each launched new resource centers to educate advertisers about the dangers of click fraud and the efforts being made to prevent it.
- The site you are buying links from is not Yahoo!
Even carefully chosen sites that you buy links from must be treated very differently than Yahoo.
- SEW Experts: Link Building for Large Corporate Sites
Chris Boggs gives you a quick course in advanced link building for enterprise-level SEO projects.
- SEW Experts: This Just In, Google Recruits Local Sales Force
Gregg Stewart gives you a heads up on Google Local Business Referrals and continues his review of local search strategies by covering underutilized local media sources.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- The truth about SEO and E-tail, Marketing Pilgrim
- Why Marchex is getting it wrong, Whizzbang’s Blog
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective SEOs, Apple Pie & Custard
- A Visit from Google AdWords, Searching Beyond the Paid
- Must Read Link Building Posts From This Week, Search Engine Land
- Will an Economic Recession Hurt SEM?, ClickZ
- Conversion Funnel Folly, Part 1, ClickZ
- B2B and B2C Marketers Can Learn From Each Other, ClickZ
- Technorati Loses A “Great Leader.” PodTech Also Loses CEO, TechCrunch
- Newbies Guide to Twitter, Chris Brogan
- SF Chronicle’s Stages Of Google Grief Lead To Suggestion For Google To Just Buy Newspapers, TechDirt
- Search & Serendipity: Finding More When You Know Less, Search Engine Land
- SEO In-house Spotlight: Tim Dineen with Indeed.com, Search Engine Journal
- Yes, I just resigned as SES Official Party Coordinator, Joe Morin