Want a snapshot of the day’s search marketing news? Here we’ve collected today’s top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Kevin Heisler Joins SEW as Executive Editor
Most recently, Kevin was search analyst at Jupiter Research.
- SES San Jose Coverage, Day 1
a collection of coverage of this week’s Search Engine Strategies event.
- Google Maps can now be integrated using HTML
Google announced today that they have simplified the method for integrating Google Maps on to your web site.
- We All Love Widgets
There’s plenty of exuberance about widgets, but how do publishers decide which widgets matter?
- SEW Experts: Which Hat Should I Wear?
Mark Jackson looks at various considerations for determining which type of SEO may be best suited for your needs.
- SEW Experts: Won’t You Be My Neighbor?
Carrie Hill tells you how to build a well-focused Web site to maximize traffic and succeed in a competitive online marketplace.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Google Disconnects Grand Central Customers, TechCrunch
- Some thoughts on Mahalo, skrentablog
- SEO’s are from Mars – Domainers are from Uranus, Jim Boykin
- What REALLY Makes a Top SEO: The Ultimate Abbreviated Top 10 Wishlist, SEOmoz
- Why You Shouldn’t Turn In Your Competitors, SEO Chicks
- Query Eyed for the Straight Keyword Results, SEM Geek
- Microsoft Opens Content Ads Beta to All AdCenter Advertisers, ClickZ
- ComScore Dives Deeper Into Search Metrics, ClickZ
- Defining Web Analytics, ClickZ
- Big-Time Black Hat, ClickZ
- New Rumors Surface On Microsoft Buying Yahoo After Ballmer-Rose Interview, Search Engine Land
- An update on Google Video feedback, Google Blog