Want a snapshot of the day’s search marketing news? Here we’ve collected today’s top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Google Launching New Custom Business Search Engine
The new business edition of custom search comes with a sliding scale price tag.
- Viacom Would Rather Not Sue, Chief Counsel Claims
The chief counsel for Viacom said he hopes that a firm set of usage rules are developed and adhered to.
- Microsoft Having Bad Week, Court Rules Against, Google and Lotus Giving Away Tools
They must be feeling a little punchy at Microsoft this week.
- Google To Stop Preannouncing Quality Score Algorithm Changes
The insights into the changes being made to Google’s Quality Score algorithm will no longer be pre-announced – if they are detailed at all.
- Marketing to the U.S. Hispanic Market
Microsoft and MRM Worldwide are participating in an Advertising Week 2007 panel focused on the topic.
- Zillow Lands ex-Googler and Zestimated $30M Follows
Probably sheer coincidence: Zillow has raised another round — $30 million — on the heels of ex-Googler Vanessa Fox’s arrival in June.
- Is Your Search Integrated Like Chunky Monkey?
Integration in search is like integration of Ben & Jerry’s ice cream flavors. If you’re in the market for a search vendor, you might have something to learn from the boys in Vermont.
- SEW Experts: Link Building for Local Search
Justilien Gaspard imagines a search engine-free world. Would you still build “links” to increase local traffic? He shares some radical link building strategies for local search.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Germany Drives Search a Step Further, ClickZ
- Mobile Search: Changing How Consumers Navigate, ClickZ
- Google Shared Stuff, Google Blogoscoped
- Vetting An Agency: Protecting The Family Jewels, Search Engine Land
- Sorting Out The Mobile Search & SEO Mess, Search Engine Land
- You Can’t Automate Search Engine Optimization, Bruce Clay Blog
- Google Gadget Ads excite advertisers and no one else, Valleywag
- Netscape’s Propeller is Changing More Than You Might Think, Read/Write Web
- 20 More Ways that Search Engines May Rerank Search Results, SEO by the Sea
- How user friendly are your top internal entry pages?, Jennifer Slegg
- Types of Sites Penalized by AdWords, PPC Discussions
- Dive into Google Analytics: Bounce Rates and Exit Rates, SEOlogs
- DDC Coverage: Yahoo!’s Kay Skeptical About Local Verticals, The Kelsey Group
- Powerset launches Powerset Labs at TechCrunch40, Powerset Blog