Want a snapshot of the day’s search marketing news? Here we’ve collected today’s top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Google Tops 125 Sales Organizations For Client Satisfaction
The 2007 Myers Survey of Advertising Executives found Google to top client satisfaction for the 125 websites used in the survey.
- Copyright Procedures for Search Marketers
Search marketers will almost certainly run into copyright issues at some point in their careers. Thankfully, most online copyright infringement issues can be handled with some simple legal procedures.
- Ask To Launch New PPC Platform October 2
Ask Sponsored Listings 2.0 – in keeping with the world’s love for the 2.0 extension – promises improvements in cost and budget controls, and other benefits.
- Google Group Promises Five Solid Answers
In the Google Webmaster Help group, Google’s Search Evangelist Adam Lasnik has promised users that five big questions would be thoroughly answered in that group in the next two weeks.
- SEW Experts: Mobile Search Fortune Seekers
Even if mobile search doesn’t hit the ad revenue jackpot this year, marketers need to know how to secure a seat at the table.
- SEW Experts: Halo 3 as Meta4
With the release of Halo 3, it’s worth your while to take a look at what can be learned from the big launch.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- AdWords Quality Score: Can Your Business Model Be Banned?, Search Engine Land
- Education Is Vital For In-House Search Marketers, Search Engine Land
- Integrating SEO & PPC: Three Pitfalls To Avoid, Search Engine Land
- Mobile Marketing Association Puts Forth EMEA Guidelines, ClickZ
- Picture This, Part 2: For Pix and Clicks Go SMO, ClickZ
- Kara Swisher Deconstructs Facebook, GigaOm
- AOL’s Mobile Ambitions, Business Week
- Microsoft Takes Aim at Google’s Ad Supremacy, NY Times
- Todays Takeover Rumor Bought to You By Google And Sirius, TechCrunch
- Google Webmaster Tools: A Comprehensive Guide, Search Engine Journal
- Wikipedia is #1 : What Are You Going to Do About It?, Search Engine Journal
- Google Doesn’t Know the Face of “Evil”, Sugarrae
- Major Yahoo! Ranking Changes, SEO Book
- Search 2.0 Branding, Think About Search
- AdWords Overlay Text Ads , Software Abstractions
- Valleywag fishes, Brickhouse thriving!, Elatable
- Local Search: Think Data Mining, LocalPoint
- Ad Integration and the ‘Last-Mile Problem’, Screenwerk
- SEO Forecasting, Oilman
- What every good SEO should know about link analysis, SEO Theory
- Welcome To The DMOZ Blog, DMOZ blog