Want a snapshot of the day’s search marketing news? Here we’ve collected today’s top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Better Search: Libraries or Engines?
Search engines win by a landslide, at least according to current college students.
- Study Shows Many Plan to Spend More on Search in 2008
A significant number of advertisers plan to increase both their search ad spend and SEO budgets next year, according to a MarketingSherpa report.
- iHeard.com: Web Radio Search Engine
A specialized search engine for finding internet radio stations has been launched by Fusa Consumer Search Network.
- Microsoft Acquires Shopping Search Site Jellyfish
Jellyfish acts like a reverse auction through which retailers are ranked according to the amount they agree to lower their prices.
- Yahoo Search Gets Blended, Helpful
Yahoo unveiled significant changes to its search engine, inlcuding the introduction of pre-search query refinement tool Search Assist, and blended search results
- SEW Experts: Top 10 Reasons You Must Do SEO
Many have claimed “SEO is Dead.” Here are the final five reasons why that just ain’t so.
- SEW Experts: Taking the Offline Business Online
Is your small business hiding offline? There are many ways to make it easier for you to be found in search engine results.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Forecast: Search and Video to Drive Internet Ad Spend, ClickZ
- Educate Your Team: SEO Isn’t Voodoo, Search Engine Land
- Brand New Websites: A Search Engine Optimization Company Perspective, Search Engine Guide
- Don’t Just Manage Your Reputation, Respond to Your Competitor’s, Search Engine Guide
- Management by Embarrassment, Mike Moran
- New Technorati CEO Has A Challenge Ahead, TechCrunch
- Unhappy MSN AdCenter Customer, SEO Scoop
- Social Search – The Potential Impact on the Search Marketing Industry, Online Marketing Blog
- Marketing Case Study: Search Engine Marketing vs. Radio for Local Advertising, Marketing Revisited
- Optimizing A Paid Search Campaign, Search Engine Land
- SMX Local & Mobile Recap, Search Engine Land