Want a snapshot of the day’s search marketing news? Here we’ve collected today’s top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Google Earth Moves Out of the Silent Era
YouTube videos continue to get more and more portable as Google integrates them into other search products, and approaches a semblance of return on the $1.65 billion it paid for the video site.
- For Teens, Mobile Search Doesn’t Register Yet
Mobile phones have become teens’ lifelines, by helping them to stay connected, providing a source of entertainment and enabling them to multitask. One activity they aren’t using their phones for much is searching.
- Local Search and Universal Search
There are still some triggering issues with Google’s integration of local and universal search.
- SEW Experts: SEO and User Experience Fusion
So, you want to build a Web site. Do you start with Web 2.0 goodies, or a “visually appealing” Web site that “meets the needs of the business?”
- SEW Experts: Voice Search: Mobile Tactic Here. Now. 2DAY.
Mobile has long been called marketers’ next emerging opportunity. So, from a local search standpoint, how do you prepare for the opportunity?
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Small Businesses Need Helping Hand to Embrace Web Advertising, ClickZ
- How to Use Customer Reviews to Increase Conversion, ClickZ
- In-House vs. Outsourced SEM: The CMO’s Guide, ClickZ
- Social networks are no place for control freaks, Information World Review
- Survey: ‘Local Search’ Broader than ‘Google’, The Kelsey Group
- Confirmed: Yahoo expanding to Microsoft’s backyard, Todd Bishop’s Microsoft Blog
- 9 Common Mistakes in Landing Page and PPC Campaign Design, Performancing
- 5 Basic Questions To Ask Your Local SEM, Convert Offline
- A conversation with Avinash Kaushik, Web Analytics Guru, Software Abstractions
- Social Media Marketing Campaign Process, RB Digital Rodeo
- Keyword Research + Research on Keywords = Better ROI, SEO Speedwagon
- Happy 1st Anniversary YouTube and Google; Now Move Over a Bit, TechCrunch
- Matt Cutts Clarifies Appropriate Uses of the nofollow Tag, Search Engine Roundtable
- Small Business Guide to Optimizing Universal Search, Online Marketing Blog
- Women of Internet Marketing Wednesdays Part 23, Search Marketing Gurus
- Continual Measurement with Analytics, RB Digital Rodeo
- Bringing the gurus to the people, Market Motive
- List of Tasks and How-to Instructions Suitable for New Google AdWords Users, PPC Think
- SMB Advertising: Trust is key, LocalPoint
- Local Business on Facebook, Local Biz Bits
- Questions for Greg Schwartz, VP of Sales at Zillow, ClickZ
- Survey: Search Now Top Resource For Local Information, Search Engine Land
- Google no longer claims AdWords/AdSense doesn’t influence the natural results, PPC Discussions
- PPC Benchmarks by Product Category, Rimm-Kaufman Group
- Live Search Local, Maps, and Mobile, Stone Temple Consulting
- Small Business Brief Re-launches as News Voting Portal, Small Business SEM