Want a snapshot of the day’s search marketing news? Here we’ve collected today’s top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Competitor Analysis
Competitive intelligence is very often taken for granted in the search industry. Unfortunately, leaving the competition to fend for themselves leaves so much on the plate.
- SEW Experts: The Real Impact of Blended Search
Since the major engines have introduced blended and universal search results, they have seen increased traffic to their video and image sites.
- Reservation Road: A Study in how NOT to launch a movie on the ‘net
We found the studio to be lacking a few basic “musts” for setting their film up for success in the online market.
- YouTube video appears in Google News
A YouTube video from AlJazeeraEnglish appeared on the home page of Google News today.
- Yahoo Adds Cars.com, Forbes.com and Ziff-Davis to Publishers’ Network
Yahoo announced it has signed agreements with Cars.com, Forbes.com and the Ziff-Davis publications.
- Yahoo To Provide Paid Search For WebMD Properties
Yahoo announced it will provide the sponsored search results for the WebMD properties.
- Globalization of Search: US Hispanic Marketing
CNN’s Taylor Gandossy takes a look at what the word “Hispanic” (US-government issue, circa 1970s) means in cultural terms.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- SEM Hyperchondria?, ClickZ
- Does Your Search Engine Optimization Company Understand Your Marketing Strategy?, Search Engine Guide
- Where Does the Responsibility of the SEO End and the Client’s Begin?, Search Engine Guide
- B2B Search Tips: More On Writing Killer Ads, Search Engine Land
- Big SEO: Automate Or Die Trying, Search Engine Land
- ‘No Yelpers’ Says One Local Cafe, Screenwerk
- Search Marketing Campaigns: Outsource or Bring It In House?, Bruce Clay Blog
- Falco Prepares Another Layoff: the AOL Brand, NY Times Bits
- eMetrics: Search Marketing Round Table with Mike Grehan, Avinash Kaushik, Chris Boggs, and Manoj Jasra, Search Marketing Gurus
- The Art of Honest SEO, SEO Speedwagon
- More Evidence That Google’s Broad Match Was Expanded, Convert Offline
- The Big SMX Social Media NY ’07 Roundup, Search Engine Land