Want a snapshot of the day’s search marketing news? Here we’ve collected today’s top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Size Matters in Social Media
While many social media marketers focus on the big social sites, there can be hidden treasure in “micro communities.”
- A look into the purpose of Google’s “PageRank update”
A lot of blogs have been talking about a PageRank update in progress, but if you look under the covers, it really looks like a manually applied update to a set of sites that are being punished.
- Google Meets the Financial Press
Google held an all-day briefing for financial analysts and press yesterday at the Googleplex.
- Judy’s Book to be Sold or Shuttered
Local search pioneer Judy’s Book is folding to investor pressure and closing its doors, according to CEO Andy Sack.
- SEW Experts: Solving the Link Building Puzzle: Do or Die, Part 2
When link building is a life-or-death choice, don’t take unnecessary risks.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Why Vertical Local Search Sites Will Succeed, ClickZ
- Google Analyst Day: Live Coverage, Silicon Alley Insider
- Utah Trademark Protection Act Dying a Slow Death, Technology & Marketing Law
- Make the Search Engines Find Your Web Site, bMighty
- Do You Need an SEO Consultant?, bMighty
- And the Winners Are…, ClickZ
- Social Media Marketing: The New SEO?, Search Engine Land
- Search Windows of Opportunity: Topicality, Regionality, Seasonality and the Small Business, Search Engine Land
- Perspective: Facebook Is Now 5th Most Valuable U.S. Internet Company, TechCrunch
- Is GOOG Shafting Its AdSense Partners?, Silicon Valley Watcher
- Yellow Pages 3.0 (a.k.a. The New New Yellow Pages), Local SEO Guide
- Rest in Peace, Judy’s Book, LocalPoint
- How Google May Blend Information From Feeds and Extracted Data For Search Results, SEO by the Sea
- The Ultimate Guide to Adapting your PPC campaign for the Christmas Season, SiteVisibility
- A common misconception revisited, Inside AdWords
- Yes, Web Analytics Supports SEO, Fathom SEO
- Search And the Digital CPG Shelf, Search Insider