Want a snapshot of the day’s search marketing news? Here we’ve collected today’s top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- The Impact of the Omniture – Visual Sciences Merger
This move follows closely on the heels of Omniture’s acquisition of Offermatica, a leading web optimization company. Clearly, Omniture is moving to consolidate their position as the leading brand in this space.
- Strike Outs or Home Runs?
In honor of the current World Series, we looked at search capabilities delivered by the most popular sports web sites. The results were surprisingly inconsistent.
- SEW Experts: Content Creation About Journey, Not Destination? – Part 2
You can waste a lot of time debating whether content is king. For the sake of argument, let’s just all agree so we can focus on business decisions.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- The Mobile Browser: Emergency Browser or Killer App?, ClickZ
- Verizon’s Mobile Marketing Missteps, ClickZ
- AdSense Disallowed On URLs Containing “Google”, Google Says, Google Blogoscoped
- Facebook Expands Targeting Opportunities for Advertisers, Sugarrae
- Could Ask.com Finally be on the Right Commercial Track?, Web Analytics World
- SearchMash, Now in Flash, Google Operating System
- Get Off Your High Horse – We Aren’t Stupid, SEO Scoop
- B2B Search Engine Marketing – Where are We in 2007?, SEO Space
- Overcoming the Challenges of B2B Search Engine Marketing, Closed Loop Marketing