Want a snapshot of the day’s search marketing news? Here we’ve collected today’s top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- What’s Old Is New Again
There’s a hot new ad unit that all the search marketers are talking about: banner ads.
- SEW Experts: Link Building: DIY In-House vs. Outsourced
A white hot debate started last week when Justilien Gaspard presented five reasons to take link building in-house.
- SEW Experts: Brand Strategies for Search Marketing – Part 3
Eric Qualman explores the intricacies of the ongoing maintenance/optimization of your brand search terms.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Congressman Laments Cold Shoulder from Google, ClickZ News
- Mobile Firm Aims to Capture Off-Deck Ad Dollars, ClickZ News
- Compete to Provide Competitive Search Analytics, ClickZ News
- A Small Business Year-End Web Site Checklist, Search Engine Land
- Google-DoubleClick Merger Encounters More Setbacks On Capitol Hill, paidContent
- Scoop: Google Analytics Updates – Compare Data Points, Marketing Pilgrim
- Google Answers to Relaunch as Google Q&A, Google Operating System
- Highlights from the Search: 2010 Webinar, Out of My Gord
- 7 Ways Your Page May Be Described in the SERPs, High Rankings Advisor
- What Social Media Isn’t – 10 Misconceptions, Search Marketing Gurus
- Farewell Onsite Advertiser Sign-up, Inside AdSense