Want a snapshot of the day’s search marketing news? Here we’ve collected today’s top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- BitDefender Finds Google AdWords Hijack Trojan
Seems there is a trojan out there that can replace Google AdWords with other ads, loaded when a person visits an infected website running AdWords.
- Comparing Kayak and SideStep Businesses, For The Last Time
With the recent announcement that Kayak will acquire SideStep, we wanted to examine the two travel search businesses and what they bring to the party.
- SEW Experts: How to Market SEO to Humans
How do you explain your job to the people you meet at a holiday party?
- SEW Experts: SEM Agency: Uphill Battle? – Part 2
After deciding to go out on their own to start a search marketing agency, the main stumbling block for many people is a lack of organizational skills.
- SEW Experts: Online Travel SEM Addictions: Web 2.0, Paid Links, Social Media
In today’s rapidly changing search marketplace, ideas and technology move faster than the speed of light. Search marketers need to catch up, if they can.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Search Engine Heavies Pay Up to Settle Gambling Ad Prosecutions, ClickZ News
- Despite FTC Approval, Google/DoubleClick Deal Still Subject to Scrutiny, ClickZ News
- FTC Proposes Self-Regulation Rules for Behavioral Ad Players, ClickZ News
- Possible Remedies in Europe’s Decision on Google/DoubleClick, ClickZ News
- PPC, Backwards and Forwards, ClickZ Experts
- The Un-Siloing of Media, ClickZ Experts
- Is Your Marketing Out of Sync?, ClickZ Experts
- Best of Jim – 2007., Jim Boykin
- Why Many of the Best SEO Ideas Are Not Found on Popular SEO Blogs, SEO Book
- Google Knols and Opportunity, Graywolf’s SEO Blog
- Analysis: The FTC clears our acquisition of DoubleClick, Screenwerk
- SEO Theory Search Engine Optimization Quick Reference Guide, SEO Theory
- Look Out, Yahoo. Microsoft Is Aiming at Google and May Hit You Instead!, Boomtown
- If Paid Search Isn’t Working Then You’re Doing Something Wrong, Search Engine Land
- The Google Monopoly Begins, Microsoft Watch