Want a snapshot of the day’s search marketing news? Here we’ve collected today’s top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Google Conversion Optimizer Out of Beta
Google has expanded its Conversion Optimizer bid management feature to make it available to all advertisers.
- Is the AdWords Competitor-bidding Party Over?
1-800-Contacts is trying to force a legal ruling that could put a chill on the widespread practice of PPC advertisers bidding on competitors’ trademarks.
- Don’t Worry About That Economic Slowdown
The search ad marketplace “sky” won’t fall when our economy slows or possibly kicks into a recession this year.
- Bitten by Sarah Jessica Parker in Google Checkout
You can buy “Sarah Jessica Parker” but you can’t get Bitten by her. Sarah Jessica Parker (the keyword phrase, not the actress) can be found in Google Checkout Trends. “Bitten by Sarah Jessica Parker?” You’re out of luck with Google Labs’ new tool.
- SEW Experts: Google AdWords 101: Landing Pages
Last time, we looked at the basic steps to set up a Google AdWords campaign. Now we’ll show you how to use A/B testing to improve it.
- SEW Experts: Local Search Lives or Dies by User Reviews
In the old days, consumer opinions regarding personal experiences with businesses were passed around in a practice known as “Word of Mouth” marketing.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- The Publisher Opportunity in Search and Contextual, Part 1, ClickZ Experts
- Life-Stage Marketing (Forget the Love Beads), ClickZ Experts
- The Google Webmaster Central Blog: A Retrospective, Vanessa Fox
- Google AdWords Conversion Optimizer is Out of Beta, Clix Marketing
- Five Link Building Challenges to Overcome, Search Engine Guide
- In House SEO Salary Survey Results, Search Engine Guide
- 15 Reasons to Get Connected and Work Online, Anywired
- Weak, BusinessWeek, Mike Moran
- When Small Business Shouldn’t Act Like a Small Business, E-Marketing Performance
- Yahoo Serving Images in Sponsored Search Listings, Search Engine Journal
- Why We Need Many Metrics to Answer the Same Two Questions, Jonathan Mendez
- SEO Job Interview Questions, The Mad Hat