Want a snapshot of the day’s search marketing news? Here we’ve collected today’s top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- SEMPO State of the Search Marketing Industry Survey Now Open
SEMPO is once again gathering feedback from search marketers for its annual State of the Search Marketing Industry Survey.
- Google American Idol: Competition For AdWords Local Search Talent
Search marketing firms and in-house teams often have a hard time finding qualified PPC employees. Now Google may change all that by challenging students all over the world to compete with others in an AdWords marketing competition.
- SEW Experts: Search Doesn’t Matter
Is Google the Microsoft of the new millennium? Does search matter the way IT did four years ago?
- SEW Experts: What’s Your Link Building Marketing Mix? – Part 2
You’ve probably heard about Google’s war on paid links. In a nutshell, Google banned paid links; and SEOs split in two camps over the move. What’s a CMO to do?
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- The Wonderful World of Widgets, ClickZ Experts
- Making Social Media Work in 2008, ClickZ Experts
- Romney Camp Stakes Out Web Ad Innovations in Primary Run. ClickZ News
- Why You Should Reveal SEO Secrets To Clients, Search Engine Land
- The vital non-search part of search, Think About Search
- Maturity is Knowing You’re not All That, John Andrews
- 10 Surefire Signs an IT Fiefdom Is Ruling Your Marketing Roost, aimClear
- Creating Passionate Readers, Skelliewag
- Google Analytics 101 (Part 1), Inside AdWords
- Sitemaps FAQs, Webmaster Central Blog
- Is Google Filtering Reviews or Reviewers?, Convert Offline
- Measuring Conversion, Endless Plain
- 6 Easy Ways To Get Eaten By the GOOG Monster, Performancing