Want a snapshot of the day’s search marketing news? Here we’ve collected today’s top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Google Gets Out of the SEO Business
Google is getting itself out of a somewhat sticky situation by deciding to sell Performics Search Marketing, which it acquired as part of the DoubleClick deal.
- Work With Your IT Staff, Not Against Them
By equipping IT with SEO knowledge, they can truly understand the problems that search engines face with your site, and then come up with their own solutions that are technically feasible (and they are willing to implement).
- Title Tag Copywriting Tips for Newbie SEOs
The title tag is one of the most important pieces of content when it comes to search engine optimization.
- Medio to Add Mobile Content Partners
Mobile search and advertising company Medio Systems has announced the launch of a new content partnership. The Medio Mobile Content Partner Program will add high-quality content to the over 300 existing feeds on Medio by signing companies who are strong in a given niche.
- Reinstalling My PC, Part 1: Top Timesavers
Since I’m rebuilding my home PC, I’ve come up with a list of about 15 programs I really need on my computer to be good at my job.
- Google Loses Rock Star CIO to EMI Music
Douglas Merrill, Google CIO and VP of engineering, has accepted a new gig: president of digital at struggling EMI Music, home of the Beatles and former home of Radiohead.
- SEW Experts: How to Survive a Recession In Search
If you listen to the media, you’d know that a recession is nigh, and you should be locking yourself up in an underground bunker and hiding out for the next year. If you’re a bit more selective in what you choose to believe, you may be thinking it would be wise to be prepared, in case an economic downturn does come.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- When Does Social Media Matter in SEM?, ClickZ Experts
- AzoogleAds Becomes Epic, But Retains Azoogle Product Name, ClickZ News
- Ask SEMpdx: In-house or Outhouse? What Criteria Should a Company Use to Decide How to Handle its Search Marketing Needs?, Search Engine Guide
- Rumor: eBay to Sell Skype to Google?, Praized
- Megachart & Analysis: Google Management Changes, 2000-2008, Search Engine Land
- Google Update Dewey – Google Confirms Algorithm Change, Search Engine Land
- How to Prevent SEO Bloat from Overcrowding Your Marketing Campaign, Search Engine Guide
- Foundation Friending – Step 2 of the Authority Building Process, Search Engine People
- Are You Building Your Personal Brand?, Bruce Clay Blog