Want a snapshot of the day’s search marketing news? Here we’ve collected today’s top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Yahoo to Test Google Ads – Take That, Mr. Ballmer!
Yahoo announced today that it will begin a limited test of Google Inc.’s AdSense for Search service.
- Google Will Not Kill the Agency Star, Says Publicis CEO
While the business model for advertising agencies needs change, Publicis CEO Maurice Levy says that agencies will adapt and not become obsolete. Levy says that agencies are the ones who develop the creative, something that companies like Google, Microsoft and Yahoo do not provide.
- Yahoo Gets Investor Support on Efforts to Fend Off Microsoft
Microsoft’s gamble that Yahoo investors will support their takeover of the search engine may already be backfiring. According to published reports, Legg Mason, Yahoo’s second largest investor is standing behind Yahoo in its efforts to fend off Microsoft.
- IndexTools acquired by Yahoo!
Yahoo has acquired IndexTools, a leading web analytics company.
- Why search engine marketers should attend SES Toronto 2008
Search engine marketers on both sides of the Canadian – American border should attend Search Engine Strategies Toronto, which is being held at Metro Toronto Convention Centre June 17-18, 2008.
- SEW Experts: Making Yahoocrosoft a Reality
The quibbling of two secondary competitors, while another lengthens its lead, has resulted in the downfall of many in the past. Yahoo and Microsoft would be wise to learn from those past mistakes.
- SEW Experts: How to Measure Customer Satisfaction with Web Analytics
In a world where more Web transactions require multiple site visits, a measurement of satisfaction can tell you the likelihood of a visitor coming back to your site when they’re ready to buy.
- Yahoo Flickr Flicks: Who’s Got Short Shorts?
Yahoo Flickr launched videos tonight with a press release and a small yellow badge – an asterisk that adds “AND VIDEO” to their tagline: “Share Your Photos.”
- Others’ Trademark Terms In Meta Tags Illegal: Georgia Court Rules
The 11th Circuit Court of Georgia ruled the use of others’ trademarks in meta tags infringes trademark laws.
- Content Optimization: Keyword Effectiveness Indicators, ClickZ Experts
- The Invisible Back Channel, ClickZ Experts
- Seven Step Interactive Marketing Analytical Framework, Part 1, ClickZ Experts
- Yahoo Makes Ultimate Concession, Tests Google Ads, ClickZ News
- Yahoo Buys IndexTools, Could Leapfrog Google Analytics, ClickZ News
- U.K.’s Online Ad Spend Continues Steady Climb, ClickZ News
- Six Mistakes B2B Marketers Continue to Make With Organic Search, Search Engine Land
- 5 Steps To Develop In-House SEO Functionality, Search Engine Land
- Why Are We Still Talking About Click-through Rates?, Socialized
- Web Developers: Please Stop Using the Hx Tag as a Design Element, E-Marketing Performance
- How to Target the Right Social Media Sites, Problogger
- What Happened To “Fake It Until You Make It”?, Bruce Clay Blog
Headlines & News from Elsewhere: