Since 1997, Search Engine Watch (SEW) has been keeping marketers and site owners informed about the world of search engine marketing through daily news and expert advice. Combined with Search Engine Strategies (SES), the leading international conference series, SEW and SES have guided search marketers of all skill levels through the fast changing and complex world of search for more than 10 years.
We’re adding to that guidance with the 2009 Search Engine Watch Awards. Submissions open today for these awards, which aim to recognize excellence, as well as inspire innovation and encourage new ideas in search marketing. The SEW Awards will honor outstanding search marketers and vendors, as judged by a panel of industry experts and the Search Engine Watch editorial staff.
There are 14 categories for the 2009 SEW Awards:
- Search Engine with Most Relevant Results
- Most Innovative New Search Engine)
- Best Search Engine Ad Platform
- Technology Platform Search Marketers Can’t Live Without
- Best SEM Technology Platform for SMBs
- Best Social Media Platform for Marketers
- Best Web Analytics Platform
- Most Innovative Use of Search Engine Optimization
- Most Innovative Paid Search Campaign
- Best Social Media Marketing Campaign
- Best Business-to-Business Search Marketing Campaign
- Best Use of Local Search
- Best Integration of Search with Other Media
- Most Effective Use of Web Analytics
Entrants may submit nominations for multiple categories, but each submission must focus on the four key areas of consideration:
- Innovation in methodology and execution
- Achieving success goals
- Excellence in tactical execution
- Overall approach and category relevance
Submissions will be accepted through July 17, 2009. The application fee is $145 per entry.
Winners will be announced at SES San Jose in August. Finalists will be notified by July 27, 2009, and will receive 1-day passes to the show for the day on which the winner in their category is announced.