Social media aggregator FriendFeed has updated its API with a bunch of features that are relevant to current online social and search behavior. The updates are:
- Real-time APIs – Get feeds in real-time by sing long polling. This includes search.
- Flexible sharing options – Allows direct messages and sharing to multiple feeds.
- File attachments – Attach images, pdfs, spreadsheets, etc.
- OAuth support – Use this to let people sign into your application with their FriendFeed account
- Simplified response format – When you don’t need/want your application to have to differentiate between the nuanced features of FriendFeed (users, groups, friend of a friend, etc.) This API provides authenticated responses which include a list of possible commands on every feed, entry, and comment.
What do you think of the API update? Tell us in the comments below.