Not to be outdone by Rupert Murdoch’s The Daily, Yahoo is launching Livestand, “a digital newsstand that continually offers new content to consumers, based on their interests,” the Yahoo News Center reported.
Slated for release in the first half of 2011, and “launching first for tablets, Livestand from Yahoo! will enable publishers and advertisers to seamlessly distribute content across tablets and mobile phones in an experience that is elegant and personalized to the individual.”
Livestand from Yahoo! offers consumers, publishers, and advertisers these benefits:
Cutting through the noise of the Web with personalized content:
• Selection of ever-changing content from a wide variety of sources.
• Content consumers want based on interests, time of day, and location.
• Intuitive touch interactions, beautiful design, and a singular focus on content.
Allowing publishers to reach audiences at scale with personalized content:
• Effortless set-up and usage.
• Social interactions enabled to further expand content reach.
Reimagining the digital canvas for advertisers:
• Targeting solutions across content and devices.
• Interactive canvas that brings magazine-style ads to the tablet.
• Combination of scale and hyper-personalization to reach and engage target audiences.
It will be interesting to see how successful this is when it launches. The online world seems to be caught up with mobile device and publishing – this offering with the extensive content Yahoo has to share such as Sports, News, Finance, Flickr, omg!, and the Yahoo! Contributor Network will make it a contender for any news site.