Looks like the momentum created by an ad campaign that began during the Superbowl continues to bring a boost to Hulu. The online video joint effort by NBC and Fox landed in the top 3 video sites in March 2009, something comScore says is a first. Hulu pushed Yahoo! sites to position number 4. Google, with its ownership of YouTube, and Fox Interactive, with its ownership of MySpace, still dominated the top two spots respectively:
More juicy data nuggets from the March 2009 online video space include:
- 77.8 percent of the total U.S. Internet audience viewed online video.
- The average online video viewer watched 327 minutes of video, or nearly 5.5 hours.
- 99.7 million viewers watched 5.9 billion videos on YouTube.com (59.1 videos per viewer).
- 47.4 million viewers watched 349 million videos on MySpace.com (7.4 videos per viewer).
- Hulu accounted for 2.6 percent of videos viewed, but 4.9 percent of all minutes spent watching online video.
- The duration of the average online video was 3.4 minutes.
'Family Guy' Tops Internal Search List for Hulu