What's new in search? Find out here, with these links to some of the latest topics being discussed in our own Search Engine Watch Forums, and other search marketing forums across the Web:
Isn't Content on an E-commerce Site Just Fluff?
"All I really want to do is sell my stuff. It seems pretentious to me to come up with content."
Implications of CSS Layouts on SEO?
"I'm beginning to create Web sites using CSS for layouts, and was wondering what the implications were regarding SEO."
First Year at SES NY
Search Engine Watch Forums
"This will be my first year at SES NY. Any seasoned veterans out there want to fill me on what to do or who to meet?"
Nobody Talks About Getting #1 Now - Has the Focus Changed?
"The real secret is to bring in traffic on lots of diverse searches, and not go for a specific #1 trophy."
Watch Spending When Using Google Broad Match
Search Engine Forums
"If you have broad matched keywords anywhere in your account, be sure to watch your spending after pausing some ad groups, keywords and campaigns at Google."
Google - MSN - Yahoo. What's the Difference?
"I'd like to pick each other's collective brains in hopes of some form of a conclusion on what works for these search engines."
AdSense Working - Question on Growth
"I guess what I'm asking is how far can you take AdSense?"
We report the top search marketing news daily at the Search Engine Watch Blog. You'll find more news from around the Web below.
- New to SEO? Stop taking clients, then asking for help, The Online Marketing Guy
- Improving Ad Quality, Part IV, Yahoo Search Marketing blog
- Google To Offer Anti-Piracy Tools To All, Eventually; Doing Damage Control After Non-Deals, paidContent
- Buyers and people looking for information interpret search results differently, Pandia Search Engine News
- Google Algorithm Update / Refresh, SEO Book
- How Can I Check My Navigation?, Biznology
- Collarity - a pretty interesting Categorization Engine - Part 1, Web Metrics Guru
- Treat your Visitors from Search Ads and Contextual Ads Differently, SoloSEO
- Google on Letting Searchers Remove Pages from the Web, SEO by the Sea
- Insider Pages Acquisition May Be Announced Next Week, TechCrunch
- 7 Opportunities for “New School” SEO, Stuntdubl
- Marissa Mayer Interview on Personalization, Out of My Gord
- Marketing Bout: Data vs. The Gut, Optimize and Prophesize
- Hot Fun in London Town, SEM Clubhouse
- Serving the Client's Best Interest is Not Always in the Client's Best Interest!, Search Engine Guide
- The Robots Exclusion Protocol, Google Blog
- U.S. Search Engine Rankings and Top 50 Web Rankings, January 2007, ClickZ Stats
Editor's note: A special thanks to Peter Da Vanzo and John Scott of v7n for their help in compiling the Search Engine Forums Spotlight.