Google has just published its Q2 2005 earnings, as covered in this press release "Google had another solid performance," says Google CEO Eric Schmidt. Here are the basic numbers:
- For Q2, 2005 $1.384 billion, up 98% year over year
- Google-Sites Revenues -- Google-owned sites generated $737 million or 53% of total revenues. This represents an increase of 115% over the second quarter of 2004.
- The Google Network -- Revenues generated on Google's partner sites, through AdSense programs, contributed $630 million, or 46% of total revenues, an 82% increase over the Network revenues generated in the same quarter last year.
- Net income on a GAAP basis in the second quarter of 2005 was $343 million or $1.19 per share on a diluted basis vs. net income for the second quarter of 2004 of $79 million or $0.30 per share on a diluted basis...
Via Marketwatch.com: "Analysts expected Google to earn $1.21, excluding certain items."
- TAC - Traffic Acquisition Costs, the portion of revenues shared with Google's partners, increased to $494 million. This compares to total payments to partners of $277 million in the second quarter of 2004.