Promised over a month ago, Yahoo Site Explorer is now reality. Yahoo gives the heads-up to everyone here on its Yahoo Search Blog, and how it will show you all pages within a domain, within a particular directory of a domain, all inbound links to a domain and the ability to bulk submit (which was already live earlier and explained more in our earlier post). You can also access through a new Site Explorer API or export data for further analysis. More details also on the help page.
If you're a Search Engine Watch member, I do a through exploration of Site Explorer in this article in the members area. Check it out! Or hey, help support the site and the blog by becoming an SEW member! Below, a summary of my wish list items and observations from that members' article:
- You can see all pages from all domains, one domain, or a directory/section within a domain
- You can NOT pattern match to find all URLs from a domain, unfortunately
- You can see all links to a specific page or a domain
- You can NOT exclude your own links, very unfortunately
- You can export data, but only the first 50 items, unfortunately
- Search commands such as link: aren't supported, and I hope that might come
- You can get a feed of your top pages, but I want a feed of backlinks to inform me of new ones that are found. Site owners deserve just as much fun as blog owners in knowing about new links to them.
Want to comment or discuss? Visit our Search Engine Watch Forums thread, Yahoo Site Explorer Now Live!