Loren Baker over at Search Engine Journal is asking people to vote for their favorite search blogs. Hey, if you like us, we'd love your vote. Use the form reached from here. But more important, I love the way Loren's done this. Rather than have one single category, he's broken different blogs into different categories, such as:
- Best Search Engine News Blog
- Best SEO Blog
- Best Search Engine Corporate Blog (Ask, Google, MSN & Yahoo)
- Most Likely Search Engine Blogger To Flame You For Spamming, Matt or Jeremy?
- Best Search Marketing & Contextual Blog
- Best News/Blog Search Engine Blog
- Best Community Search Blog
The only thing I wish is that for blogs I didn't know, there was a N/A option. The form won't go through unless you vote on each or every blog, rate it from 1 (best) to 5 (worst). If I didn't know, I went with the lowest score.
Overall, I can't wait to see the results. You'll have a much more diverse set of winners to choose from, and certainly all the nominees will be much more focused around search than something like News.com's Blog 100, where only two of 13 picks for the "Search/Media" category -- 15 percent -- are actually about search.
Don't just focus on the winners. The entire nominee list is full of good blogs for anyone to check out. Good luck to everyone!