A selection of stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Linkbait in 2007
"The linkbait way of link building is a mindset. To do it well, you need to put thoughts of manipulating the system to one side and focus entirely on providing value to your clients users and making that value easy to link to."
- Google Updates AdSense Policies
Changes to AdSense publisher policies, especially the competitive ad policy, could mean headaches for publishers rotating ads from both AdSense and a competitive network, such as Yahoo Publisher Network.
- Two- and Three-Word Queries Rule
According to data collected from users of European Web analytics provider OneStat, most people use 2- or 3-word queries in search engines.
- Using Web Analytics to Drive SEO Decisions
When creating a search marketing program for Weather.com, the marketing team at The Weather Channel Interactive depended heavily on Web analytics to inform both its organic and paid search decisions.
- Sproose Leaps Out of Beta
The social search engine says it has surpassed 250,000 unique users in just 30 days.
- PPC Back Fill Map, or Who Is King Of Garbitrage?
Figuring out which major engine is providing paid search ads to which second-tier search engines is becoming increasingly tricky business.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Managing Your Pay-Per-Click Portfolio, Search Engine Guide
- SEO Analytics: Measuring Search Success, SEO Theory
- Reader Poll: What makes you love your SEO job?, Online Marketing Blog
- Local Search: The Relevance Dilemma, ClickZ
- V7N Enters the Link Buying Business, Marketing Pilgrim
- Search Articles from E-LIS, SEO by the Sea
- SEM's Seven-Year Itch, Part Two, Search Insider
- Want To Switch to a New Domain? 301 Redirects vs. 302 Redirects, SEO Roundtable
- Leveraging Linkbait, YPN Blog
- Why the Landing Page Is the Life of the Party, ClickZ