A selection of stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Citysearch Bolstering Local Ad Sales Teams
Citysearch is pulling out the big guns to compete in the local search ad arena. The IAC-owned company just opened a new sales office in Atlanta, and expects to have 180 people in the new location by June, in inside, outside and national sales.
- Yahoo's Tim Mayer Talks Search Builder
Yahoo's Tim Mayer, director of product management for Yahoo Search, talks about Yahoo Search Builder, a custom vertical search tool similar to Google Co-op. He explains the goals and benefits of vertical search, and says that publishers using Search Builder could potentially see deeper crawls of their sites.
- Wikipedia External Links Now "Nofollow"
A new SEO contest has led Wikipedia to reverse a decision made just over a year ago and return to its policy of applying rel="nofollow" to all outbound links.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Throwing Out the Tool with the Blogwater, A Shel of My Former Self
- LinkBait alone won't do it. You need Link Ninjas., Jim Boykin
- Are You In The Circle Of Link Trust?, Search Engine Land
- Lawyers Cost Money But SEO is Free?, Online Marketing Blog
- Indexing and Ranking: The Chicken or the Egg?, ClickZ
- I Don't Digg Being Dugg, Cre8pc
- Lots of New Birds Eye Coverage in Europe, Windows Virtual Earth blog
- Quantcast.com - Better than Hitwise, Alexa, and Compete.com Combined?, SoloSEO
- Benefits of the New Platform, Yahoo Search Marketing Blog
- Google, YouTube, and the Future of Web Video, Don Dodge