Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Google Slapped by Belgian Court
Google was once again ordered to stop publishing news from a group of Belgian newspapers on Google News Belgium.
- Search Marketing Is...
How do you explain what you do to your children, nieces/nephews, or assorted acquaintances that have no idea what "SEM" or "SEO" stand for?
- Beyond "Technical SEO"
'Strategic SEO' is not SEO at all, but competitive webmastering, which uses SEO tactics, says John Andrews.
- Yahoo, Microsoft Get MobileYahoo and Microsoft have each launched mobile search and advertising initiatives this week.
- The Tail that Wags the News Search Dog
Why does Google News get more press and blog mentions than other news search engines, when Yahoo News and AOL News have larger unique audiences?
- Retrevo Closes on Series B Financing
The search engine for consumer electronics product information closed a Series B venture financing round for $3.2 million.
- Interview of Analytics Expert, Eric T. Peterson
A conversation with one of the most respected names in the Web analytics space.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- So over the SEO smack down, DMNews
- 17 Most Common PPC Mistakes Web Marketers Make, SEOmoz
- Social Media Marketing Is Ethical!, Search Engine Land
- Analytics According to Captain Kirk, SiteLogic
- PowerHype At Powerset, TechCrunch
- Are You Reaching Your Influencers?, DMNews
- Microsoft, Google & Others To Build New Wireless Device?, Search Engine Land
- Black Hat vs. White Hat vs. Grey Hat SEO: The Definitive Guide, johnon.com
- 5 cool ways to use Yahoo! Pipes, Frantic Industries
- Top 10 Search Terms in 10 Categories, January 2007, ClickZ Stats
- The SEM Landing Page Dilemma, Search Marketing Gurus
- Neuromarketing & Branding in the Search Results, SEOmoz
- How To Generate Targeted Site Traffic Without Search Engines, Scoreboard Media
- Will Widgets Hit A Mainstream Wall Just Like RSS?, Publishing 2.0