Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Google Quality Score Now Live
The quality score update to Google's ad ranking algorithm announced last week is now live.
- Lighten Up, Dear Video Advertiser
Given how advertisers behave on TV, maybe it's time for them to lighten up.
- Yahoo, Google and Bloglines Dominate Web-based RSS Reader Market
A report from FeedBurner finds that a few top readers are driving the majority of clicks.
- Local Search Partnerships of the Day
Today saw notable partnership announcements in the local search space from Tellme and AdStar.
- More Ads for MySpace
A Fox Interactive Media's acquisition could mean more graphical ads will appear on MySpace pages.
- Search Biz Lends A Hand
In the analytics area, the big search and portal businesses are lending a hand to the display ad marketplace.
- Google Adds Non-search Revenue Stream
Google today launched its "Google Apps Premier Edition," a subscription-based offering of its office/productivity apps, including webmail, calendar, IM, docs and spreadsheets.
- BusinessWeek: Search Ads Getting Too Pricey
The business magazine explores a "fallout from a new online ad rush," where commerce giants are increasingly muscling out smaller businesses from the ad pool.
- Yahoo Sings The News - Will Investors Sing the Blues
Singing newscasters? Is something wrong at Yahoo?
- Krugle Adds Microsoft CodePlex to its Index
Hot on the heels of providing code search integrated into the Yahoo Developer network, Krugle is now working with Microsoft.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- New to SEO? Stop taking clients, then asking for help, The Online Marketing Guy
- Improving Ad Quality, Part IV, Yahoo Search Marketing blog
- Google To Offer Anti-Piracy Tools To All, Eventually; Doing Damage Control After Non-Deals, paidContent
- Buyers and people looking for information interpret search results differently, Pandia Search Engine News
- Google Algorithm Update / Refresh, SEO Book
- How Can I Check My Navigation?, Biznology
- Collarity - a pretty interesting Categorization Engine - Part 1, Web Metrics Guru
- Treat your Visitors from Search Ads and Contextual Ads Differently, SoloSEO
- Google on Letting Searchers Remove Pages from the Web, SEO by the Sea
- Insider Pages Acquisition May Be Announced Next Week, TechCrunch
- 7 Opportunities for “New School” SEO, Stuntdubl
- Marissa Mayer Interview on Personalization, Out of My Gord
- Marketing Bout: Data vs. The Gut, Optimize and Prophesize
- Hot Fun in London Town, SEM Clubhouse
- Serving the Client's Best Interest is Not Always in the Client's Best Interest!, Search Engine Guide
- The Robots Exclusion Protocol, Google Blog
- U.S. Search Engine Rankings and Top 50 Web Rankings, January 2007, ClickZ Stats