Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Ask CEO Explains "The Algorithm"
Ask.com's CEO Jim Lanzone issued a statement explaining the new campaign that includes the intriguing ad copy: The Algorithm Constantly Finds Jesus.
- The “Bon Mots” of Social Search
It's clear we're wrestling with how to define, and then motivate effective participation in, socially-driven search.
- TV Fans Can Now Reach for blinkx Remote
Video search engine blinkx has just introduced a tool, blinkx Remote that will let TV users find full-length TV programming available on the Web.
- Does Ask Need Soul - Launching 'Black' Online Community
The community, and the initiative IAC is making into this specific ethnic niche, will be headed by Johnny C. Taylor, Jr. and headquartered in Charlotte, NC.
- Interview with blinkx CTO & Founder on blinkx Remote
Suranga is betting that his company's new tool will revolutionize people's viewing habits on the web.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Google Releases Improved Content Removal Tools, Search Engine Land
- Cookie Crumblers Corrupt Conclusive Counts, Search Engine Guide
- Link Building Structures: Hunters and Collectors, Search Engine Journal
- Google's Office Suite Complete: Google “PowerPoint” Confirmed, TechCrunch
- Impact of Yellow Google Ads & Click Through Change on CTR & Sales, Search Engine Roundtable
- ContextWeb: The Would-Be Online Ad Market-Maker, Traffick
- MSN Gives adCenter A Quality Upgrade, Bruce Clay Blog
- Google Says Trust Us, While We Take Over Your Business, Marketing Pilgrim
- Will Search become Google's Forgotten Child?, Out of My Gord
- Interview: Google's Analytics Evangelist, Avinash Kaushik, Rimm-Kaufman Group Blog
- Yahoo! Q1 2007 Earnings Call Transcript, Seeking Alpha